Dry Sump 102

To: Sparky.2211@cox.net
Subject: Dry Sump 102
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:28:44 EDT
Hi Sparky

I can't remember ( alls chimers ) if you run a puke tank for the dry sump
tank breather. I made the mistake of using a K&N motorcycle type filter
directly on the top of a short bung on the dry sump tank. Suspended oil pushed
through the filter and was the cause of my fires on my first Texas runs back in

05. I went to an AN-12 line that runs back to a baffled dragster puke tank  at
the rear of the car. It still pukes a bit but it's captured instead of  blowing
on the headers! I like it much, much better now! LOL

At present I plumb the tranny and QC breather lines into the same  tank. I'm
considering plumbing them into the engine crankcase vacuum port and  put
negative pressure on the tranns and QC seals. It keeps them from leaking any
gear
oil. Why do I picture someone with their lips sucked into their mouth???  LOL

Also, the gears will rotate easier in a vacuum! They will be sucked  around
like a fan if I place the vent opening strategically! Dave, help me out  here,
what are the calculations on that considering a 9", 4.10 ring gear  and 15" of
suck at the port next to the ring gear teeth? .000000001 mph  increase? LOL
I'm doing it. It might push me into record territory!

Otto