Re: [Land-speed] Anybody out there?

To: joseph lance <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Anybody out there?
From: DougOdom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:52:56 -0700
Lance, They really did try and destroy the car, no trick photography. A
guy bought it from the studio to fix up. He soon figured out it was way
more work than he was able to do. He asked me if I could fix it and like
a damn fool I said sure. So I gave him a price of twice as much as I
thought it should cost and he went away. Well along comes this other guy
and buys it from him and brings it over for me to fix. What a nightmare.
I did make money on the deal but no where near what it should have cost.
   Brief idea:    The "Z" bar that goes under the dash. If you made the
instrument panel bezel fit nice around the gage panel - the glove box
door would flop open when you hit a bump. If you moved the door up to
stop that problem the instrument panel had a gap at the top. Wasted 2
days fixing that. LOL
But now the car is out being shown as the only Corvette dropped out of a
plane. BFD   But that turns some people on I guess.
Doug Odom in big ditch