Re: [Land-speed] not a quick question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] not a quick question
From: Ed Purinton <ecpurinton@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 07:17:39 -0400
Keith,

     Some will stir up most anything so they'll have e-mail to
read....................

     Some of the all time apples of my eye are a red and black early
30's Auburn Boat Tail Speedster and later Spfld. Indian Chiefs.

     That said, for 10 year times I will have to go with  '55-'65 or so
with the cars.  Late '50's had a lot of different  stuff with rapid
development in all venues; F1, Indy, Drags, Stocks.  Creative and
talented  individuals still had a good shot until mid '60's when the
high buck$ seemed to start being a bigger part of the equation.  Bikes
would be '65-'75 or so.  Basically same reasons.  Competitive stuff from
across all ponds as well as home grown.  Grand National Champ was an all
'rounder, short track, TT, 1/2 & miler, and road racer.  Vincents make
my time frame 'cause they were that far ahead of their time, reading
this Max?

    Biased up the road apiece from the Wigwam and home of the Bee Gee,
Ed Purinton