Re: [Land-speed] Cutting and Fitting Braided Stainless Lines

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Cutting and Fitting Braided Stainless Lines
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 14:44:41 EDT
Hi DickJ

Interesting idea! It's like soldering a braided wire for the same reason.
You're a genius!!!

I have gone a different route. I tape it with the fiberglass filament tape
and cut it with my chop saw, using a "standard" fiber metal cutting blade.

I slide an adjustable stainless radiator/fuel line hose clamp  over the hose
end and remove the tape. I adjust the clamp so it's snug but will  slide up
the hose to about 1/8" from the end. This "funnels" the stainless  braided fur
ball ends into the AN fitting. The clamp slides back as you install  the AN
fitting. Works every time without stabbing your fingers with the  stainless
"pins". It's amazing how much they hurt for as small as they are. I'm
convinced
there's some kind of "venom" on them from the factory.....

Otto