Re: [Land-speed] Trans Tail-shaft

To: gmc6power@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Trans Tail-shaft
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:28:43 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/2007 10:09:16 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
gmc6power@earthlink.net writes:

When I  purchased a Tex-Racing trans a few years back I also wondered about
the  hose clamp.

The only thing that makes sense is it's to reinforce the aluminum tail
housing to prevent yoke wobble from tail housing distortion. Possibly to
prevent
tail housing failure seems as they are cast aluminum??? I wonder if they heat
the tail housing and "adjust" the clearance of the yoke with the clamp??? I
know! They put it on there to make everybody wonder why it's there. LOL

My Nascar trans is a magnesium Renken (SP?) with a thick tail housing. The
area where the bushing and seal reside is about 1/2" thick. It didn't have a
clamp but I bought it used.

A quick call to Tex Racing or Jerico will answer the question. I'll bet on
the reinforcement factor.

Otto