Re: [Land-speed] NON LSR Frustratioin

To: Sparky <sparky.2211@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] NON LSR Frustratioin
From: DougOdom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 11:59:46 -0700
Sparky wrote:

>I am Whining---I know I know  no whining allowed!!!!!!!!!! in
>LSR----manufacturing tolerances---Brand Names that FORMERLY had good
>reputations for quality now nearly all have overseas supliers-- the tolerances
>can be horrible and MOST will not own up to it --- just bought a new flex
>plate has more run out than the new starter has shims---I am not  the first on
>this list that this has cost time and money---get a commitment on how they
>will handle the problem
>      Sparky
>AA/_ L  2211

Sparky, What starter are you using? I'm asking because a stock type
starter with regular 3/8 bolts,  not starter bolts can give you a problem.
I have used cheap flex plates before and not had any problems with run
out. Did have a guy put one on backwards once ( he said it was his 15
year old son ).
That didn't work too well.
Doug Odom in big ditch where it will be 73* today.