[Land-speed] Sample scam E-Bay e-mail

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] Sample scam E-Bay e-mail
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:31:19 EDT
I just received this. It's a sample of scam e-bay  notices if you want to
check it out.

Otto

eBay sent this message to your registered email  address.
Your registered name is included to show this  message originated from eBay.
_Learn  more_ (http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/name-userid-emails.html) .

Non Paying Bidder Alert Nr.3  -- Respond Now
               eBay sent this  message on behalf of an eBay member through My
 Messages. Responses sent using email will go ! to  the e Bay member directly
and will include your  email address.         Dear eBay  member,

It's been 3 weeks since you won my  auction and you haven't sent the payment
yet. I will report  you to the police and to eBay right away. You will receive
a  non paying bidder report and your eBay account will be  suspended
imediately. You are a bad person and you deserve  this. Bye bye.
Respond to this alert

Thank you,
_4eb! _ (http://myworld.ebay.com/4eb) ( 9 679)
(http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/powersellers.html)
(http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/4eb)
(http://stores.ebay.com/ejum-TEC)

_Marketplace Safety  Tip_ (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter)
Always  remember to complete your transactions on eBay -  it's the safer way to
trade.

Is this  message an offer to buy your item directly!  through email without
winning the item on eBay?  If so, please help make the eBay marketplace  safer
by reporting it to us. These "outside of  eBay" transactions may be unsafe and
are against  eBay policy. _Learn more about trading  safely_
(http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/selling_safely.html) .          Is this
email
inappropriate? Does it violate _eBay policy_
(http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-unwelcome-email-misuse.html) ? Help
protect the Community by _reporting  it_
(http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-unwelcome-email-misuse.html) .