Re: [Land-speed] Sample scam E-Bay e-mail

To: rjdenton479@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Sample scam E-Bay e-mail
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 00:04:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/2007 6:35:46 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
rjdenton479@gmail.com writes:

I was  told by someone that my Austin Healey was for sale on ebay. I
looked it up  and to be sure, there it was. My pictures and my
description lifted off of  the website of a major concours show. The
saddest part was he had a $15,000  buy it now price and got no buyers.
I have over $70,000 in it. Needless to  say, Ebay shut that one down.

Bob
Detroit, where the Woodward Avenue  Dream Cruise is in 2 days.

Hi Bob

Next time, consider working with the officials and play along like I did  and
you have a better chance of ending his scam. The only way they can catch
them is if someone baits them in and they get caught at the receiving end. When

they show to collect the bread they get surprised by handcuffs instead.

I worked with the E-Bay "cops" and they worked with the real cops in the  UK.
They just asked me to play along, except sending money of course and  forward
all e-mail correspondence I had with the scammer. It was fun! I  found
busting them much more rewarding than just blowing them off. Try  it, you'll
like it!

Otto