[Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (land-speed-digest)
Subject: [Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul
From: jgmagoo@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:28:11 +0000
I read the post about being able to release the chute without taking either
hand off the steering wheel. This is interesting and makes sense.

I am building an enclosed cockpit lakester.

My question is, what is a super-reliable, fool-proof system for releasing the
chute using a button/ switch on the steering wheel?  I assume it would be
something of an electrical or air-actuated release.  What I guess I'm asking is
what is the safest and most reliable method of accomplishing this. A lever and
cable release, which I see used by many, seems very reliable and fool-proof,
but the hands-on-the-wheel idea seems to have merit also.  Decisions, decisions!

Thanks.

Jim