Re: [Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] No Hands Chute Release>From>Jim McNaul
From: "MEIERLE Mike" <Mike.Meierle@alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:01:15 -0500
Just don't get the buttons confused during the run... talk about driving
into the 'chute....

Mike Meierle
#847 F/P/MP
SCTA-BNI/Gear Grinders/Sidewinders/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:55 PM
To: jgmagoo@comcast.net; land-speed@autox.team.net

In a message dated 8/29/2007 12:29:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jgmagoo@comcast.net writes:

> My question is, what is a super-reliable, fool-proof system for
> releasing the chute using a button/ switch on the steering wheel?

By now I'm sure everyone is tired of the replies either for or against a
steering wheel mounted chute release. So in that vain I'll just add to
the cannon fodder....
On the new car we are building we have an air shifted transmission with
a shift button on one side of the steering wheel and a second chute
release button on the other using a small air solenoid to "pull" the
chute cable for us.
Simple. Yes, it's no big deal to mount a simpler (is that a word?) lever
pull the chute open as most of us have done in the past so chose what
fits the best for you.

Mike

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Mike Meierle.vcf]