Re: [Land-speed] No Hands(I disagree)

To: jgmagoo@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] No Hands(I disagree)
From: DougOdom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:07:02 -0700
I have to jump in here also. I do thing a little different, ( does that
surprise anyone? ) Everything on the right side is for going and
everything on the left side is for stopping. The right foot is for going
and the left foot for stopping. The right hand works the starter button,
shift lever and or the air shifter button on the wheel. The left hand
works the parachute lever and or the air activator button on the wheel (
high speed chute only ). With the slow steering and stop limits I see no
need to use two hands to steer the car. If it takes two hands then you
need to figure out why.  What ever works for you is the best way to have
it set up. Someone asked me what would happen to the chute if we forgot
to turn the air on? Well the trans would not shift so I guess we would
not need the high speed chute. But the air activator is hooked to a
lever so I can over ride the system with my hand if needed.   Doug Odom
in big ditch