[Land-speed] Trailer Maintenance

To: Land-speed@Autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] Trailer Maintenance
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 13:43:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Since my car is waiting for a few parts (I'm getting ready to go to World
Finals) I thought I would look at the brake rebuild I did just before I went to
Speed Week. Turned all 4 drums, serviced the bearings, and put on new
seals...What could go wrong?

I washed out everything when I got back but wanted to look again. To my
surprise all the drums were very rusty from going through the water at the end
of the road twice. 2 hours of flapper wheeling brought them back to looking
good again. Just 3 weeks from the end of Speed Week; I'm glad I didn't just
load up and go. The rust would have destroyed the lining.

So if you haven't had a look I would do it before you think about that run to
El Mirage or Maxton...............Good Luck