Re: [Land-speed] Another chrome-moly rant??

To: Ed Weldon <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Another chrome-moly rant??
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:35:07 -0700
Ed,

About 20-30 years ago an East Coast Modified series banned chrome moly
in the front clip because it either did not give, causing severe
injury/death
to the driver or it broke, causing severe injury/death to the driver.

For safety reasons I think deformable steel should be forward of the front
wheels and aft of the rear wheels. No, no, no, not a new rule -- just a
suggestion.

Bryan