Re: [Land-speed] auxiliary power

To: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>, "Ed Weldon"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] auxiliary power
From: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:54:13 -0800
I'm not the right guy to respond but back in the early days of drag racing
one of our historians Jack Underwood was involved with a Willys which had a
671blower in the trunk powered by an auxillary engine. It ran up to a
Chrysler in the front and started with a pull rope. Hauled the mail and was
destine for a digger but marriage got in the way and all was lost. This was
at Santa Ana drags in the 50's. See you during inspections Tom..JD