Re: [Land-speed] Hood Scoops and Working on Race Cars

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Hood Scoops and Working on Race Cars
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 16:54:02 -0800
Dick, there is a high pressure area at thebase of the windshield,not a
lowpressure area. That helps to force the air into the plenum. BUt,
scoops add drag so you have to make sure that the one you select has
enough pressure recovcery to make up the hp loss fromthe added drag.
Harwood comes to mind. If you can seal the back end to the windshield
then you will cut some of the added drag.

mayf