[Land-speed] American Engineering

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] American Engineering
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:20:44 -0800
"And to think - this was done with 1950's technology."

Every time someone talking about cars says "their engineers are better
than American
engineers", I get upset. Sometimes I will challenged them and ask who
has built space craft
that have been more reliable than Voyager 1 and Voyager 2, which were
designed and built
by American Engineers. I then go on about Ford's dominance at Le mans
using American
Engineering.

The reason that Detroit cars are not as reliable as _some_ foreign cars
is that American Management
will not let American Engineers do it.
Management is too busy working on contracts to get new iron wood desks.

Bryan

OBTW  Remember, the Japanese learned why they should build quality cars
and how to do it,
             from an American, W. Edwards Deming.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=W._Edwards_Deming_Institute&action=edit>