Re: [Land-speed] (Non LSR) test

To: Mobley-Anderson <mactem@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] (Non LSR) test
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:33:01 -0400
On Mar 29, 2008, at 2:06 PM, Mobley-Anderson wrote:

I haven't seen any messages in a couple of days.  Is everybody in their
garages?
David

I wish it were that simple.  I caught a cold a couple of weeks ago --
or so I thought, but then it hung on, and I had about one-third the
strength of a newborn kitten, and I felt worse -- and so I just laid
low for a week.  Too bad -- it was the week when the final details of
selling Star Industries (my company) were being worked out, and I
missed lots of the excitement.  Fortunately the sale is still going
through and all is well).  Anyway, a couple of days ago I finally got
up the nerve to go to the doctor, and sure enough, he said -- "You've
got what looks like walking pneumonia, Jon".  So I went on
antibiotics and have a little more energy now -- not much, but some.
Today I ventured out to visit Nancy at work -- my first shopping trip
in a week or so.  I've gotta get better quickly -- we plan to leave
this coning Wednesday morning for the first Maxton event of the
year.  No racing -- although we'll take leathers and firesuit in case
someone feels sorry for us.  But I'll inspect bikes, and Nancy will
look good, and we'll at least get together with our friends after a
long winter.

We're also stopping in Columbus, Ohio, to visit with the firm that's
doing the feasibility study on our next business -- the Motel 6 that
we want to build up here in Marquette. If they give it a thumbs-up --
we start construction as soon as possible.  And yes, in case you're
wondering, the real reason we're building a Motel 6 is so we can ask
for "corporate" privileges and grab a room in Wendover in the future!

Best regards to all, and we look forward to seeing each of you again
soon.

       Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats