Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR, Rubicon Trail

To: "Adin, David" <DavidAdin@mercydurango.org>, <neil@dbelltech.com>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR, Rubicon Trail
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:21:32 -0800
Wes -- Prepare to encounter pretty warm temperatures and little wind down in
the canyon. It can be daytime 50F and blowing wind up on the Interstate (and
drop to +10 at night) and a dead still 95F several thousand feet below in
the canyon.  Also, there maybe times when you'll have to get out of the
vehicle and follow it while it crawls over parts of the "road".  Bring
appropriate shoes that can also handle hiking through wet places.  A small
stuff sack that holds toilet paper and a lightweight trowel to dig and cover
the appropriate hole in the ground is real handy.  There maybe a few times
when you'll want to climb to spots, such as good photo angles, that require
your hands to be available for climbing and mild bushwhacking.  A small
daypack is perfect for that.
Ed Weldon