Re: [Land-speed] The Speedometer Calibraton Question..

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] The Speedometer Calibraton Question..
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:25:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Hey Maf Can you do the tow job behind your truck close to home? I wouldn't
drive it either but since I use a tow bar at Bonneville for going to the line
and returning  and you may too I think you could find somewhere near Pahrump to
do it. The side markers are very accurate in my opinion.

If it were up to me I wouldn't even ask. I would tow my car down to the driver
meeting leaving it parked behind everyone then after the meeting as many go
back to the pits and others drive down the course I would pull up to the "0"
marker, get out push the button drive to the "1" stop at the exact spot you did
at the "0" push the button again and then tow back over to the return road
returning to the pits. There will still be 100 trucks out on the course. If you
stand around and shooting the s--t about it and take 4 hours wasting time no
one will let you do anything. But if you do it and move on; to me it's no big
deal. But if you feel the need to have it recorded for posterity and make a
production out of it telling the world and anyone who will listen of course the
answer would be no.  The whole thing would take less than 5 minutes unless
National Geographic needs 3 retakes.....Good luck