Re: [Land-speed] The Speedometer Calibraton Question..

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] The Speedometer Calibraton Question..
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:06:54 -0700
well, dang, JD you just told everybody that I might do that  and to be
on the lookout!  In fact I had already consiodered doing that for the
same reason Bryan mentioned, Easier to ask for forgiveness than
permission .But I am a law/rule abiding person..  No, I cannot nor won't
tow it on city streets. It is a) not street legal, b) those dang trires
are never gonna see asphalt (actually here is it chip seal).  And heck,
this is just for my fun anyway so they will either let me do it, or they
wont. If wont, I'll use the GPS locator to help me or the trucks trip
indicator. Truly is not a big deal, lol...

mayf
James Tone wrote:

>Hey Maf Can you do the tow job behind your truck close to home? I wouldn't
drive it either but since I use a tow bar at Bonneville for going to the line
and returning  and you may too I think you could find somewhere near Pahrump
to do it. The side markers are very accurate in my opinion.

>If it were up to me I wouldn't even ask. I would tow my car down to the
driver meeting leaving it parked behind everyone then after the meeting as
many go back to the pits and others drive down the course I would pull up to
the "0" marker, get out push the button drive to the "1" stop at the exact
spot you did at the "0" push the button again and then tow back over to the
return road returning to the pits. There will still be 100 trucks out on the
course. If you stand around and shooting the s--t about it and take 4 hours
wasting time no one will let you do anything. But if you do it and move on; to
me it's no big deal. But if you feel the need to have it recorded for
posterity and make a production out of it telling the world and anyone who
will listen of course the answer would be no.  The whole thing would take less
than 5 minutes unless National Geographic needs 3 retakes.....Good luck