Re: [Land-speed] Pit Shade

To: LandSpeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Pit Shade
From: Jonathan <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 20:06:46 -0700
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Elon <saltfever@comcast.net> wrote:

> We have all seen the shades that are perforated and let the area breathe.
> talked to someone last year who had a very large cover. He said he buys
> hay
> covers. The problem is that all the PERFORATED covers I have seen are
> black
> or a dark color. They do a great job of filtering the sunlight but due to
> their dark color they absorb a lot of heat.  I was thinking a perforated,
> light or silver colored tarp would be the best of both worlds. Has anybody
> seen such material?   -Elon

You must take into account the heat is being absorbed into the cover
material, not radiated down into the shade underneath. Though the underside
of the cover might be slightly warmer than a comparable white cover, most of
the heat will escape through the perforations, and you really shouldn't be
able to notice any difference (unless you tend to hang out in the top couple
inches of your pit tent all day)

--
~Jon