[Land-speed] Intercooler Question

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>, jyturbo@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Land-speed] Intercooler Question
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:50:12 -0700
I was thumbing my way through the latest issue of Muscle Mustang and
Fast Fords and ran across an advert for Killerchiller.com. This is a
system that uses the cars air conditioner to provide refrigeration type
cooling to water that circulates through a water / air intercooler.

My questions is: has anyone just used the refrigeration from the air
conditioner as a cooling system directly on the air going to the motor?
Sorta like in your hose with the AC running. Could a car AC be enough to
cool charge air temps after the super or turbo charger?  Anybody ever
thought about doing it? Could you  run the AC from an electric motor? Or
battery with a large enough alternaor?

Comments? I am going to do a littl ebit of thermo regards the refrig
cycle but up front info would help.

mayf