[Land-speed] Fuel conversion info and the the Pickens Plan

To: Elon <saltfever@comcast.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Fuel conversion info and the the Pickens Plan
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 08:47:42 -0700
Actually Compressed Natural Gas is an excellent diesel fuel. It has no
sulfur,
burns completely, is easy to inject (it's at 3,000 or 3,600 PSI in the
tank). If you
install the fueling equipment in your garage, it's cost's about $1.00
for the same
energy that's in a gallon of gas. Not bad. ... And the oil lasts 15,000
to 20,000 Mi.

I don't know what is available for Spark Ignition engines. I talked to
Ak Miller
years ago about his Ford F-150. He did a project for Ford and set it up
to run
gas, Propane or CNG. The only problem was, with that engine and CNG it would
occasionally backfire breaking the plastic intake. Ford supplied an Al
one. Later
the ignition was converted from a four coil waste spark system to an
eight coil
system and the backfiring stopped. It could be switched from one to the
other and
you would hardly notice it.

**************

According to Texas oil geologist and millionaire, T. Boone Pickens, who has
invested many millions in a 4,000 Megawatt wind farm, he puts his money
where
his mouth is, in ten years we could build wind farms from Texas to
Canada to
replace all NG used to generate electricity and during that time convert
all heavy
diesel trucks to CNG. Also we could stop sending $300 Billion a year to the
Arab Gulf. Use most of that money to finance the system and hire Americans
to build and maintain it.

He also wants to open all offshore areas to prove that there isn't much
affordable
oil there so we can quit talking about it. We should start developing
ANWAR now.
It's a good thing we didn't start drilling in ANWAR 20 years ago. back
then oil was
$15 a barrel, when they start pumping in 10 years it will be at least
$150 a barrel,
10 times more valuable.
All of the above data was provided by Mr. Pickens, not politicians or
the media.

Cheers,
Bryan