Re: [Land-speed] NON-LSR ENGINE STUFF

To: "'joseph lance'" <jolylance@earthlink.net>, "'LAND-SPEED @
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] NON-LSR ENGINE STUFF
From: <neil@dbelltech.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:56:15 -0700
Fuel pump?

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ

-----Original Message-----
From: land-speed-bounces+neil=dbelltech.com@autox.team.net
[mailto:land-speed-bounces+neil=dbelltech.com@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of
joseph lance
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 2:43 PM
To: LAND-SPEED @ AUTOX.TEAM .NET
Subject: [Land-speed] NON-LSR ENGINE STUFF

Hi List;

I'm having a problem with a snow blower engine--its a Craftsman 5.5 HP OHV 4
cycle engine.

It has a choke and a small primer button and an electric starter.  Specified
starting procedure is wide open throttle setting, full choke, and no primer
strokes when temp is above 50F.  It will not start or fire at all using this
procedure.

If I turn the choke completely off and hit the primer button once or twice
it
will fire for a few revs, but not long enough for me to close the choke.

After that it will not fire again regardless of choke setting or amount of
priming even when  cranked until the thermal protection circut cuts in and
shuts down the electric starter, so I don't think its getting flooded.

After letting it sit for a few hours, I can repeat the above miserable
results.

Have a new plug with a strong spark, the fuel tank has completly drained and
has fresh gas, cleaned out the carb float bowl, the gravity fed float bowl
fills with gas so the tank to carb feed hose is not blocked. The carb mount
bolts are tight.

Anybody have any suggestions ?

Thanks;

Lance