Re: [Land-speed] NON-LSR ENGINE STUFF

To: "joseph lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] NON-LSR ENGINE STUFF
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:06:59 -0700
Have you got decent compression?
Another thought is to try Weldon's Miracle Method for procrastinating on
lawn mower tuneups.  --Starting fluid--
Sounds like the timing is retarded.  But I'd expect a motor like that to be
pretty resistant to such frailties.
Does this motor have a fixed timing setup?  Most small motors have a magnet
in the flywheel which is keyed to the crankshaft.  Keys usually don't fail.
How about the connection from cam to crankshaft?  A couple of gears or
something else?
Ed Weldon