Re: [Land-speed] Hans Device and Safety

To: "Doug Odom" <dlodom@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Hans Device and Safety
From: "John Romero" <delsolid@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 16:08:59 -0700
I like that the Hans basically attaches my helmet to my shoulders,
which is exactly what I want it to remain nearest! Seat belts can
stretch a significant amount. Imagine you seat belts stretching 10"
and your head restraint stretching 2". I dont want my head trying to
keep my body in place.

The benefit of the hans, hutchins and their like is that they dont try
to restrain your head, they simply keep your head near the rest of
your body. lets the rest of the equipment handle the rest.

John