[Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals

To: "'Landspeed'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals
From: "Jim Webb" <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:40:00 -0500
OK, so there it sits, a ready to run motor on the shop floor. The truck is
ready and the motor only needed a little work to make it to World Finals. A
mouse motor, but a strong one. Ready to go. Then hurricane Ike hit and it
changed everything. For those of you that don't know, we live on the swamp
coast, about 40 miles south of Houston. My dear wife and I rode out the
storm in the house and it was OK, but not too much fun. We spent a week
running on a generator and many of the nearby neighbors still do not have
power. The house came through OK, but there were a few evenings of roof
repair to do - not enough to collect that FEMA money! The scariest part of
the ordeal was going into the shop around 1:00AM to see the north wall
flexing WAY more than it should ever move. There is still plenty of chainsaw
work to do.

So, the long & the short of it is that we won't make WF this year and man,
were we pumped. We had set a decent D record in October and came home with a
hundred ideas (like everyone else!). The motor sits there and will be
prepped for. something.

Until next year, and may everyone go fast in October.

Jim Webb

Choc Full o' Nuts

A/PP B/PP D/PP ?/FL