Re: [Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals

To: <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>, 'Landspeed' <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals
From: Tom Shannon <saltfevr@q.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:10:28 -0600
Jim;

You and the wife are ok,and thats all that matters bud. Us Course Stewards
sure love that Big Red Truck, as does everyone else! Cathy & I are so glad you
survived Ike. SW countdown has begun! Be safe.

Tom ShannonMagna, Utah> From: jimwebb@nutsracing.com> To:
land-speed@autox.team.net> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:40:00 -0500> Subject:
[Land-speed] Hurricane Ike & World Finals> > OK, so there it sits, a ready to
run motor on the shop floor. The truck is> ready and the motor only needed a
little work to make it to World Finals. A> mouse motor, but a strong one.
Ready to go. Then hurricane Ike hit and it> changed everything. For those of
you that don't know, we live on the swamp> coast, about 40 miles south of
Houston. My dear wife and I rode out the> storm in the house and it was OK,
but not too much fun. We spent a week> running on a generator and many of the
nearby neighbors still do not have> power. The house came through OK, but
there were a few evenings of roof> repair to do - not enough to collect that
FEMA money! The scariest part of> the ordeal was going into the shop around
1:00AM to see the north wall> flexing WAY more than it should ever move. There
is still plenty of chainsaw> work to do.> > > > So, the long & the short of it
is that we won't make WF this year and man,> were we pumped. We had set a
decent D record in October and came home with a> hundred ideas (like everyone
else!). The motor sits there and will be> prepped for. something.> > > > Until
next year, and may everyone go fast in October. > > > > Jim Webb> > Choc Full
o' Nuts> > A/PP B/PP D/PP ?/FL>