Re: [Land-speed] A foam question

To: "land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] A foam question
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:28:23 -0700
Mayf,
     The type of foam you use will depend on the resin system involved. With
epoxy resins you can use polyester (cheaper) foams. With polyester resins
you will have to use urethane foam as the resin eats up the foam. It is
possible to get around this problem with poly on poly by completely coating
the foam with bondo after rough shaping then sanding to contour.
     Jim in Palmdale