Re: [Land-speed] Discovery Channel show (was: Engine ID

To: BWANA343@aol.com,Mike.Meierle@alcatel-lucent.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Discovery Channel show (was: Engine ID
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xmission.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:03:46 -0700
I agree with you, Bob.  I wasn't impressed with the show.  I really
dislike the repetition that's so commonly seen in the Discovery
Channel's productions (maybe it's all shows...I watch very little
tv.)  But George Poteet as "Daddy Warbucks" and the OSU team
"blackballed?"  And then the endless harping on crashes to the point
of showing the blood inside a car after a crash.  Jeeze...I've been
asked to point my camera elsewhere for much less "bad press" stuff than that.

Did SCTA have a chance to view and approve the show?  Will Discovery
come back for the next installation of "crash, death and mayhem on
the salt?"  If so, I think I'll read a book or write an email instead
of watching it.

Maybe I'm just getting old and this is the new face of
television.  If so, I can do without it.

RtR