Re: [Land-speed] Discovery Channel show (was: Engine ID

To: rbuck@xmission.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Discovery Channel show (was: Engine ID
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:02:28 EST
In a message dated 12/17/2008 1:04:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rbuck@xmission.com writes:

But  George Poteet as "Daddy Warbucks" and the OSU team
"blackballed?"   And then the endless harping on crashes to the point
of showing the blood  inside a car after a crash.  Jeeze...I've been
asked to point my  camera elsewhere for much less "bad press" stuff than that.

Did SCTA  have a chance to view and approve the show?  Will Discovery
come back  for the next installation of "crash, death and mayhem on
the salt?"   If so, I think I'll read a book or write an email instead
of watching  it.

Maybe I'm just getting old and this is the new face of
television.  If so, I can do without it.

RtR

Considering  all this , I wonder where Land Speed Louise stands on all  this.
I did see her name in the  credits. Then again, I personally know NY  Fire
Chiefs that were "technical advisors" to TV and movie Fire related shows,  and
guess you don't get paid if you actually advise technically.
I don't think the SCTA needs this kind of coverage.,.I.M. very H.O., or
publicity.
BOB W

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.