Re: [Land-speed] Saving the Salt and funds for that...

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, blindasabatgraphixs@hotmail.com, v4gr@rcn.com,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Saving the Salt and funds for that...
From: Savethesaltflats@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:20:12 EST
Dear Group:

So everyone can learn from our mistakes, okay?  There a  better way...but our
experience was:

Boy Scout Troop 96 planned ahead and took the advice of  SpeedWeek officials
to place over 50 properly Labeled  & Special Purpose (round holes in top of
for aluminum cans only)  Collection Containers with plastic liners at strategic
locations (see grey  container to the right of outhouse in picture below).

We even had a roll-off strategically placed on the salt with  cooperation of
everyone, including security.

Scouts got in free and all the cooperation of everyone was outstanding with
early preparation, so it was announced at every  opportunity of the Boy Scout
Aluminum Can Collection Project:  _http://www.savethesaltflats.com/page5.html_
(http://www.savethesaltflats.com/page5.html)  (bottom  of page you can see
these photos):

In conclusion, we ended up with dirty garbage mixed in  with a few cans in
the special purpose aluminum can collection  containers.  lol

The roll-off ended up with wild car parts, including  a roll of carpet +
regular garbage. The taller Boy Scout is  6'5" so you can see how much effort
it
took to overlook the signs  saying "Please, Aluminum Cans Only"  lol

We discovered at least three participant/spectator groups  who collect
aluminum cans yearly.  lol

Dumpsters sizes weren't available, nor as easy to move as a  roll-off for the
nearest recycle facility was SLC & Ogden.   lol

Dare you to guess what the out of pocket expenses were?   lol

The Singletons

In a message dated 1/21/2009 12:09:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,