Re: [Land-speed] Saving the Salt and funds for that...

To: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Saving the Salt and funds for that...
From: Jon Wennerberg <jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:13:29 -0500
On Jan 21, 2009, at 7:02 PM, Chris Harris wrote:

All initiatives that would raise money for 'Save the Salt' should be
supported.
Can collecting, fees levy, two easily implemented examples.
Dealing with problems, right from an individual approach seems to have
a familiar ring these days.

Chris H......................NZed.

I have no idea how much aluminum cans are worth at the recycler.  I
expect there's some value -- else why would folks take 'em back and
suffer the indignities of drippy and smelly cans?  Here in Michigan we
pay (and get back upon return) a 10-cent per can recycling fee --
that's why I don't know what they're worth on the open market.

And - No, I can't bring the out-of-state cans back here to get the big
bucks (okay, the dimes) for StS -- there are rules preventing that,
and even the bar codes on the cans are different -- the machines won't
take 'em.

       Jon Wennerberg
Tall guy with moustache
and a pair of 2 Club hats