[Land-speed] Scatter shield question

To: 'land Speed List' <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Scatter shield question
From: Greg Meyers <advo@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:35:05 -0500
I have what I9m told is a Lakewood shield for a small block Ford, drilled to
take a top-loader.
I would like to drill it to accept the bolt pattern on an 8BA flathead.  The
rulebook indicates that
If a shield is aftermarket and fulfills the SFI 6.1 we are good to go.  The
shield is definitely aftermarket,
but is 0.232 thick.  It appears to be hydro-formed.  Should I expect to find
any markings on it somewhere
To confirm that it is 6.1?  Do shields less than 0.252 attain SFI 6.1
status.  The testing is not based on thickness
Is it, but the actual ability to contain an explosion......The rulebook, as
I interpret it, says that if a shield must be
fabricated, it must be 0.252 thick.  So, do aftermarket shields necessarily
need to also be that thick?
Thanks
Greg