Re: [Land-speed] OFF Topic: 1991 Ford F150 .0L Engine Compartment

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "'LSR'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] OFF Topic: 1991 Ford F150 .0L Engine Compartment
From: <neil@dbelltech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:45:50 -0700
Mayf;

I had a Chevy 6-cyl that I rebuilt about drive me crazy. It wouldn't idle at
all and only ran if held above 2000RPM. It turned out the distributor cap
and rotor were not aligned properly; the spark occurred when the rotor was
not pointing at the plug contact on the distributor cap. At higher RPM the
advance would pull it into alignment and it ran fine.

Check to see if this is not the same problem with that Ford.

Regards, Neil   Tucson, AZ