Re: [Land-speed] [not Land-speed]

To: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] [not Land-speed]
From: Mike Lackey <mike_lackey@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:18:24 -0800 (PST)
I greatly prefer cables too.

Drive by wire allows for the computer to
behave in ways that the driver does not want.  I have a Saturn Vue  for my
wife with drive by wire.  Snapping the throttle shut between shifts increases
emissions slightly, so they decided to slowly shut the throttle instead when
you let off between shifts.  This little quirk drives me nuts every time I
drive it.

It's a great little mini-SUV otherwise and the wife doesn't seem
to mind the throttle

Mike.