Re: [Land-speed] NON LSR Political RANT

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] NON LSR Political RANT
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:13:24 -0600
> But our 3.8% is made up mostly of chronically unemployable that don't
> work, don't pay dues, but do get their entitlements.

Okay, I'd like to know where to get this entitlement you speak of.  I
was laid off
in August of 2005 and have not had a full time steady job since then.
Too young
to retire, too old to rehire.  I should have asked for five hundred
dollars for that
charcoal grill instead of the five I got for it at my moving sale.  I
ran out of
unemployment benefits 4 years ago, so I am not part of the unemployment
figures, but I don't have a job.  Which one of you will step up and hire me?
Mid fifties with a master's degree in Computer Science and I get about a
zero percent acknowledgment from the cover letters and resumes I send out
on a regular basis.  How many millions more like me are out there?

It could be worse.  Luckily our house is paid off and our cars are paid
off.  We
manage to keep good food on the table or in bowls on the floor when it comes
to the kitties.  Do you whiners have any idea how long it has been since
I could
afford to actually fully fill up the gas tank on my 13 year old vehicle?

I imagine those of you who make a big fuss about taking care of
yourselves and
not relying on the efforts of others will certainly unsubscribe from any and
all of these Team.Net lists to avoid the blatant hypocrisy of taking
something
[ the fruits of my labors ] for nothing.

mjb.

ps:  Sheesh, I was going to talk about off topic stuff on the list, but
got sidetracked.
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive