[Land-speed] Land Speed Forum?

To: <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Land Speed Forum?
From: "Jim Short" <jt_short@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:45:27 -0700
Hello Guys and Gals,

I'm a long term lurker on this list and part of my daily routine is devouring
new messages that pop up frequently during the day.  I'll be sitting in a
restaurant with my wife and my phone will beep with a new email.  "Honey, look
at this."  She indulges me but thinks I'm nuts.

I've held a dream to run on the salt since 1962.  That dream came to pass in
2007 with my first experience as a rider on a MPS-BG 1000cc bike(#6407), at
the WOS venue.  A severe family issue precluded my participation in the 2008
season and last minute mechanical gremlins kept me away for 2009.  I'll be
ready for WOS this year however.  I'll be running the same bike except in fuel
class.

I'm humbled by the expertise I've seen on this list and with nothing to
contribute, I've simply lurked and enjoyed.  Okay, the reason for my finally
speaking up.  Since "the vote" tipped to the Demos, it appears the LSR
community's thoughts, observances, advice, and sharing have turned away from
LSR topics and have concentrated on non-relevant issues to this list.  Seems
to me there are better forums to direct these off topic issues to.  I for one
would like to see you folks return to LSR topics.

That's my two cents.

Jim Short
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html