Re: [Land-speed] Real Racing --no rant

To: "23weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>, <sparky.2211@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Real Racing --no rant
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 07:54:16 -0400
What RPM do you run for the majority of the run. I know in years gone by
there was a lot of trouble running offshore boats at 5000-5400 continuously.
Cranks would flex and break along with main caps etc. If you dwell there a
long time it could be an issue. Have you checked for crankshaft end play
after the engine is installed? Did you run a dial indicator around the
register in the bell housing to make sure the transmission is centered
with the crankshaft. You need to do the same with the face of the bell
housing to make sure the trans is directly inline with the crank too. I
would definitely run a flex plate. The other applications run tires that are
much more compliant and dampen the shock loads considerably.

Ilk is that a term of endearment? My ex-wife used to refer to me at times
with that and she after all is my ex-wife so for her I would have to lean
towards maybe not..LOL..