Re: [Land-speed] OT: Trailer Tires

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] OT: Trailer Tires
From: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 15:56:14 -0700
Not that this fix your problem but I encountered similar problems with 3
different brands of trailer tires and found these to be the toughest by far.
My 20' enclosed trailer is only rated for #7000 but #10,000 gross tires
failed within a year. I have found these are the highest rated that were
avalable when I last purchased 2 years ago. Carlisle Radial-Trailer ST225/75
R15 LRE. Thay are rated at 2830 apiece making the total load 11,320  @ 80
psi so far no failures. I also carry 2 spares.

http://www.carlisletire.com/products/trailer/radial_trail/index.html

They have 16" available over #3000 each but I fit them on my trailer due to
the diameter. If you are considering truck tires I have the best luch with
old bias-ply 7:00 x 15's. Hard as hell and never wore out in 18 years on an
open trailer; but it wasn't over loaded

I also cover my tires to protect them from the sun and jack up the trailer
so the tires do not touch the ground. (nice to have a fork lift at the
plant) ........Good luck

> So I would like to hear from those who have very tough trailer tires. I
> also plan to maybe acquire 16 inch wheels if that will give me a better
> range of tires. At least load range E.
 I think the old bias belted tires
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html