[Land-speed] Target 550 website update

To: LSR list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Target 550 website update
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xmission.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:24:38 -0700
It doesn't take me long to catch on to things...I've only been updating
the Target 550 website for about 15 months now and I just realized I'm
not announcing the updates here.  DUH!

http://www.target550.com/index.html is the main entry page for the site.

I just posted update #90
http://www.target550.com/gallery/90_lift_hole_plastic_aero_inserts/index.html
which covers a buncha different ground.

What we (Doc Freud and I) have been doing is for him to go to Jim Hume's
shop way the hell up near the Canadian border (Freud lives in Everett,
Wa) at least once a week and shoot a group of photos with a theme or
area of focus.  Then he adds some captions, sends 'em to me and I update
the website.  During December, we made a buncha posts in addition to the
weekly (usually on Friday) stuff.

If you're not familiar with the project, I'll quote the mission
statement: "*/To exceed the current land speed records by 100 mph." /*In
order to do that, Marlo Treit, Jim Hume, Jason Hosking, Dave Jeffers and
Les Davenport (to varying degrees) are building a twin-engine (dual 510
inch Keith Black Hemis with Whipple blowers) 4wd (one engine for each
axle), long, slender streamliner (a 1/10th scale model was tested in the
Western Washington University wind tunnel) that's a work of fine art
designed to go fast.  It's been under construction for over 10 years,
but the pace has picked up in the last 18 months or so.  The team (I'm
fortunate enough to have been designated "web elf" for the team)
t-shirts show a tunnel opening with a light at the end.  We don't think
it's a freight train, but rather the completion of the project...as much
as projects like that ever really get completed.

So if ya feel so inclined, I'd like to invite ya to check it out and see
what a beautiful job the guys at Hume's "Skunk Works" are cookin up.  Again:
http://www.target550.com/index.html

I hope you enjoy the site.

RtR
Land-speed@autox.team.net