[Land-speed] Crankshaft Company

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Crankshaft Company
From: Larry Mayfield <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:49:09 -0800
For left coasters only.
I am seeking a crankshaft company who can destroke a ford small block
crank by a measly 0.015 inch. I want to take the crank from a 2.875
stock stroke to a stroke of 2.840 inches.  All my arithmetic says it can
be done. But I need to chat with a real crank company to assue myself
and tehn to take the crank to them to do it.  They need to be able to
neutral balance the crank, rods, pistons, damper, flex plate as well.
Place needs to be within driving distance of Las Vegas. I am trying to
put together another Sunbeam bragging rights motor to show the Sunbeam
owners what they might expect if they went nearly all out in building a
motor. Most Sunbeam Tigers came with 260 ford motors so that is the
basis. The motor will be run on an engine dyno to get a Hp/Tq graph and
will be installed in the race car for time trials as well.   Looking for
it to make in the 400 hp range.  Non turbo, saving that for my 289 motor
for 2013. More bragging rights, lol...

Any help out there?  Contacts? Companies to look at?

mayf

--
drmayf