Re: [Land-speed] Crankshaft Company

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Crankshaft Company
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <dahlgren536@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:15:26 -0500
What are you thinking??????????
How do you plan on making a .035 change with only .015 material????

2.875 - 2.840 = .035  destroke top of the stroke is still the top the bottom
is not as far down it all comes off one side with compression height added
to the piston or rod length added to keep the top position the same. If you
had a perfectly indexed crank with zero wear and a crank ginder with a
perfect machine and nerves of steel you need to go .035 under... In the real
world .040 to .050 .
.015 is not even a multiple of .035 so reasoning escapes me completely.

I think you need new math.. Possibly a course in arithmatic you know Sally
has 3 pecks of blue berries and 3 lbs of flour how many pies can she make???
Dave