Re: [Land-speed] Synthetic Motor oil

To: "23weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>, "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@cal.net>, "Kirkwood" <saltfever@comcast.net>, "LandSpeed List" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Synthetic Motor oil
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 15:00:20 -0400 s=q20121106; t=1376161224; bh=Kvh8c8Wjb4urP4sAlQLKqxjk86V11dAzxpzHCHyODkw=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=lEGbQ+tUfr8THM3ydHd7haoj1uY0XFKf4fOF5YhtsldOw5ZC8FVLdenTnMEYQiGIz 4JtjZBE7y2nf1zIQmgrsE05wGPrQAHX5zlOmPmr6YCWfycmSY38TM/usaBgHOpOF/F r4ZFs+1hNgdtZvwXaRf4MnF3hKreI0e9EZ6G1t/1xJPox0naCGHaE0igPVRPeWf1Yu mk1FIx0YQz076D+y+vncPrBTmwA7+/ceyCbg9tBzYG3SB9kzOz9F/sSoTEPV/xfB0d gyiVwTas1Qwc4wOfZ1oCLIHG6DwCQHWwl0aC5GTXMaUI5tYUOmlGjvLq4Xs7vJ2oiH hHAnLe8tKiioQ==
Ed
Thanks for the question.  Your note is exactly why I extended this thread.
I'm using a Winters qc which is virtually a copy of the old V8 center
section, and have no experience with any QC.  The rear end is actually the
weak link in my car but I have captured the realestate with my rear
suspension to upgrade in the future if necessary.

Since I've been gone from Ford for almost 14 years and the downsizing since
2008, much of my pipeline is gone.  I will though start asking.

I can see running a much lighter lube than OEM, but even nascrap with their
qualifying set ups, don't run as far as we do, and for us, experimenting can
become quite expensive and frustrating.  As suggested, I'll look more into
Indy guys.  I don't know any directly any longer, but it sure doesn't hurt
to ask around.

Listening to the live broadcast is sure giving me the fever.
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive