Re: [Land-speed] Transmissions

To: Kirkwood <saltfever@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Transmissions
From: joyseydevil@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:22:13 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Landspeedlist <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: AdAImM5IzpQaUwN2Rfuhozw7XBu5FmbxidGR s=q20140121; t=1416936133; bh=SIkQPiW1kifg8Kqj0MlsO/Up+joJXgWIxsRmucb0k5E=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=BOAFKcZ1ugZJbrtL8GaUAuFn6x4ncECDsdql0D4OZcA0PFk1WGi8Psaz8OvSkFIGw kVeVu2zjpZVmtKgibcWdjr2uvc3JZ5ww2Xy4UoI9mgJzuXwFds+dsyx9PhodtdKMoT ZbM7yxrQ5YpJNzuBGZQcojodgKAZgXb05msD1eJcorKLOA2l7EctU+iMsPccac+Rat 3Bli8gealCOoZIexbKBNdLG2tmV1ZHkik0NBF/8Rke2yY4zzSypgzKA7whsO5E8wKg HXAUR926UYX1SmpyZkmDBu3D2ylZOqkdVDKLcP+beFqni6l6W2zR8NwtBDj8j+q7qU DDsQ8vzTXMRXQ==
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CFAQFjAB&;
url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brinninc.com%2Fbrinntransmissions.html&ei=3rh0VJyZOK3asA
SC-oKQCQ&usg=AFQjCNFe-3wuNHAthgZ7EKjnNAdBdJJfxw&bvm=bv.80185997,d.cWc&cad=rja
I am familiar with the 2 speed and in-out boxes. But I can't find
information on any of the trans with internal clutch or disk packs. What
catalogs were you looking at or what is the name of the clutch-trans?

A couple of years ago I was putting together a combination SBC with Tilton
rear mount starter bell housing for 5.5" clutches. In my email to SCTA I
mentioned the 5.5" diameter clutch had much less destructive force than
larger styles that have been tested to failure by SFI. Also mentioned was
that circle track cars use the aluminum bell housing without a scatershield.
I called Tilton about a scatershield and they also said it was not required.
At the time I looked up the SFI scatter shield test specification. IIRC, a
SFI approval must contain a catastrophic failure at 10,500rpm but I forget
the rotating mass involved. Nonetheless, SCTA said I had to fabricate a
scatershield. No unshielded aluminum bell housing allowed.
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/land-speed/joyseydevil@comcast.net