Let's Try it Out

To: <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Let's Try it Out
From: ray.rockwell@wg.com
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 98 08:04:07 -0500
     Let's see if there is anyone out there (yet) that can advise me on a
     TECHNICAL QUESTION.

     I have  53TD, with the engine just out of the machine shop. Put the
     cam in and now is on the stand. Since I could not get anywhere with my
     engine due to problem below, I decided to sandblast the entire frame
     this weekend then prime and paint it. Turned out pretty good.

     I am following Horst Schach's book cover to cover but he leaves out
     many things, commonly called details. Anyway, my question is

     I am attempting to put the main bearings in and there is about a 1/8"
     gap between the bearing and the cap or block (bearing too wide). I did
     not want to force the bearings in just yet. Is this normal? Also, the
     center bearing goes in OK over the dowel pin in the block but the
     edges of the bearing do not quite line up even with the edges in the
     block. Is this normal?

     Thanks in advance.

     Ray Rockwell
     Cary, NC