TD Wrist Pin

To: mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Wrist Pin
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:43:20 -0500
Thanks to all that responded on the wrist pin question.

Turns out that there was some burring on the pin that caused some burring
on the piston.  Judicious use of crocus cloth cleaned it up well enough
to get it inserted properly.

The pistons, camshaft, and crankshaft are now installed in the block.
The previous "rebuild" of the engine was pretty lousy, although all new
components were used.  Fortunately, the engine had never been run, given
the fact that three out of four big end oil pathways (the one that is
supposed to squirt oil at the cylinder wall) were completely closed up
and the con rods were installed backwards.

Thanks again, I'm sure you will be hearing again from me soon!

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD