Re: Removing Chrome

To: Lawrie@britcars.com
Subject: Re: Removing Chrome
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:04:13 -0600
Ray in Colorado reminded me that the oven cleaner trick is for removing
anodizing from aluminum, not chrome from steel.  Looks like taking it to
a plater is the best way to go, as several people indicated.  Thanks
everyone for the responses.

Now, anyone know a good plater in Houston?  I know, they don't have to be
good to strip plating, but I have some other work to be done and this
might be a good way to establish a relationship.

Thanks again.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
1962 MGA MkII