Re: Electrical Harness Help with '51 TD

To: modela31a@empnet.com
Subject: Re: Electrical Harness Help with '51 TD
From: Mailjbrown@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:37:43 EST
In a message dated 3/1/2002 9:28:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
modela31a@empnet.com writes:

> <A HREF="mailto:mg-t@autox.team.net";>mg-t@autox.team.net</A>

Rookie:

I have a TD wiring schematic that shows the pump grounded with a black wire.
It does not identify the ground end location of the wire.
I have a 53 TD in mostly original OEM state, together with a lot of the dust
dirt and grease, that has accumulated over the past 49 years.  I looked at
this area, and I disconnected the small black wire at the pump body, and it
does have backwards continuity to ground.  The black wire with the large lug
connector is attached to the upper horn mounting bolt, to which is also
mounted the turn signal flasher.  I disconnected this wire, and it has
continuity to the small lug on the black wire that grounds the pump body,
When the large lug is disconnected, the small black wire loses its ground
too. So o o o o   it seems that the grounding point for this batch of grounds
starts at the horn mounting bracket.

I hope this helps.

John
53 TD