Re: wind deflectors

To: imOz@columbus.rr.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wind deflectors
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:37:55 EST
In a message dated 3/28/02 15:32:27 Pacific Standard Time,
imOz@columbus.rr.com writes:

<<
 I recently bid on a pair of TF wind deflectors on eBay, which were claimed
 to be "original" and "NOS".  Nothing was mentioned about "Brooklands", so I
 low-balled the bid, and did not meet reserve.

 Question is, how can one tell which wind deflectors were originally fitted
 as option?  Was it Brooklands?  If so, is there a marking on them that
 gives one some confidence they are properly original?

Are you talking about wind deflectors that attached to the windshield or to
"Brooklands" wind screens that screw to the scuttle?  If the latter,
originals have the word "Brooklands" cast into the plinth of the units, if
the former, These came in all manner of designs and are not "Brooklands" in
origin....maybe even an American innovation.  Both types are available now
from various suppliers such as Moss.

Original "Brooklands" wind screens are very rare and go for good money.

Terry